Put all of the turkey left-over from your holiday feast to good use with these delicious and nutritious personal pizzas.
Makes 2 pizzas; Serving size is 1 pizza
- 2 whole wheat medium-size pitas
- 2 teaspoons pesto
- 6 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (*Time-saving Tip: purchase already shredded in a resealable plastic package from the grocery store)
- 2/3 cup shredded or chopped turkey
- 2 tablespoons chopped artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes (reconstituted in hot water)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Preheat oven 350°F. Coat baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cover pitas with pesto using a plastic silicone spatula or basting brush and layer with remaining ingredients. Place on prepared pan and bake 10-12 minutes or until cheese is melted and pita is crisp.
*Time-saving Tip: Prep and portion all ingredients ahead of time in resealable plastic bags and containers. When you’re ready for a post-holiday snack, pull the ingredients and pitas out of the refrigerator and set up a do-it-yourself pizza station for guests to make their own personal pizzas.
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Calories 354 Calories from fat 27% Fat 11g Saturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 58mg Sodium 661mg Carbohydrate 37g Dietary Fiber 6g Sugars 2g Protein 29g Dietary Exchanges: 2 1/2 starch, 3 lean meat
Plastics Bring Holiday JoyView the Rest
See more holiday recipes and get baking and entertaining tips from Holly Clegg.
About Holly Clegg
Holly Clegg, the “Queen of Quick,” is a best-selling cookbook author who knows how to keep things sweet and simple. She worked with the Plastics Make It Possible® campaign to highlight three quick and healthy recipes from her new book, Too Hot in the Kitchen, part of her best-selling Trim & Terrific series, to make entertaining your family and repurposing your leftovers this holiday season easy and fun.